Shah Rukh Khan is a global superstar. According to a Google survey, almost 80% of people in the world-known India as Shah Rukh Khan’s country. He is known as SRK. Times Magazine denotes him as one of the fifty powerful men of the world.
Here we discuss some unknown or lesser-known facts about Shah Rukh Khan.
- Does Shah Rukh Khan smoke? : Yes
- Does Shah Rukh Khan drink alcohol?: Yes (Limited)
- Shah Rukh Khan was born into a middle-class family; his father used to run a transport company and his mother was a magistrate.
|You May Also Read||Medicine of Corona Found in Bangladesh?|
- At the time of his birth, he was named Abdul Rehman by his maternal grandmother; however, his father later named him Shah Rukh Khan.
- His family used to live in rental houses. Initially, they lived in a bungalow in Rajinder Nagar’s F Block. Later, when Shah Rukh turned 15, they shifted to Gautam Nagar.
- During an interview, he told that his mother was a South Indian and belonged to Andhra Pradesh, who later moved to Karnataka.
- He spent his childhood at his maternal grandparents’ house in Bengaluru. During an interaction at the alumni meet of the Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore, Shah Rukh said, I was adopted by my grandparents when my parents were working hard to make ends meet. So I spent the first five to six years of my life in Bengaluru.
- Shah Rukh Khan’s father was an acquaintance of the noted Indian freedom fighter, Subhash Chandra Bose; as his father was the cousin of General Shah Nawaz, who was the second-in-command to Subhash Chandra.
- His parents had a love marriage. They met each other for the
first time in a hospital, where his mother was injured and needed blood. At that time, his father donated blood to his mother. Their love started at that moment.
- He was named Shahrukh, which means “Face of the King,” but he prefers to write his name as Shah Rukh Khan.
- Shah Rukh Khan has an immense love for video games.
|You May Also Read||Things That We Should Learn from Shah Rukh Khan|
- He was a sportsman in his school days. Once, while he was playing football in the Dr. Ambedkar Stadium in Delhi, he kicked a ball during a penalty and tore up his entire right side muscle. He was then, on bed rest for a month and his sports career came to an end.
- Apart from being good at sports like football, hockey, and cricket, Shah Rukh was also fond of the many popular Indian street games like flying the kites and playing Gilli-Danda and Kancha (Marbles).
- While playing Cricket in his school and college days, Shah Rukh mostly used to do wicket-keeping.
- He was awarded the ‘Sword of Honor’ title at St. Columba’s School, New Delhi, which was assigned to the best student of the school.
- During an interview, he shared that he doesn’t take showers on Sundays.
- In his school days, Shah Rukh, along with four of his close friends, Bikash Mathur, Vivek Khushalani, Raman Sharma, and Ashok Vassan, had formed a special gang at St Columba’s School, known as the C-gang, where ‘C’ stood for cool.
- He was just 15 years old when his father died due to cancer in 1981.
- In his youth, he used to mimic legendary Bollywood actors like Dilip Kumar, Amitabh Bachchan, Mumtaz, etc.
- While he was in Hansraj College, SRK was closely involved with the Theatre Action Group (TAG) and was mentored by Barry John.
- When asked about his connection with the National School of Drama (NSD), he said, “I wasn’t a part of the National School of Drama, but I used to work with a lot of actors who were from there. Manoj (Bajpayee) wasn’t from there either, but he and I worked with actors like Raghuvir Yadav and others who were a part of NSD. They used to help with our syntax and enunciation when we were doing theatre in Delhi. I learned a lot from them. My father used to run the canteen at NSD, which is how I got to know all the amazing actors from there.”
- His first salary was ₹50, which he earned by working as an escort at Pankaj Udhas‘s concert in Delhi. Once, he even tried to expand a small restaurant in Dariya Ganj, but it didn’t work.
- After receiving his first salary, Shah Rukh Khan took the train to Agra and visited the Tajmahal.
- His friend, Vivek Vaswani, helped him in his struggling days. The latter also went on to work with him as a co-actor in the films, Raju Ban Gaya Gentleman and Josh.
|You May Also Read||Stop Wasting Time On Facebook Rather than Utilizing it|
- He was first offered a role in Lekh Tandon’s television show “Dil Dariya,” but there were continuous delays in the broadcasting of the show, which led his series “Fauji” to become his television debut.
- A strong reason to do Fauji was that before coming into the field of acting, Shah Rukh wanted to join the Indian Army. During an interview, when asked what he would have done if he wasn’t an actor, he said, “I always wanted to join the Army, so I would have aimed for that had acted not happened.”
- He has done small roles in the TV serials like “Umeed,” “Wagle Ki Duniya,” and “Mahan Karz.” He even featured in the English film “In Which Annie Gives It Those Ones,” in which he worked with Arundhati Roy. The film is also considered his debut English film.
- After his mother’s demise in 1991, he shifted to Mumbai along with his sister.
- SRK got his first offer in Hema Malini‘s directional debut “Dil Aashna Hai,” but he made his acting debut with “Deewana,” which was released in June 1992.
- Subsequently, he featured in films like “Chamatkar,” “Raju Ban Gaya Gentleman,” “Maya Memsaab,” “King Uncle,” “Baazigar,” and “Darr.” He even did a cameo in the Bollywood film “Pehla Nasha.”
- Although he doesn’t stammer in his real life, his dialogue “I love you K…k…k Kiran” from the film “Darr” became an evergreen hit.
- In 1994, he signed the film “Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa” and was offered an amount of ₹25,000 only for the entire film. He even sold the movie tickets at the booking window on the opening day of the film in one of the cinemas in Mumbai.
- He became a household name after the blockbuster film “Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge.”
- While shooting for the song “Chaiya Chaiya” from the film “Dil Se” on a moving train, Shah Rukh was the only person who was not tied to the train. All the other dancers were tied to the train for protection.
- By the late 90s, he had become a public sensation, especially among teenagers, and was identified as an icon of romance in India without even actually kissing any of his co-stars on screen till then, which led him to earn the title of the “King of Romance”.
|You May Also Read||Stop Spreading Fake News/Rumors|
- Besides ruling the world of acting, he is also famous for his hosting skills, which has been justified through a plethora of award shows starting with the 48th Filmfare Awards and then in a row- 49th, 52nd, 53rd, 55th, 57th, 58th, 61st, 62nd, and 63rd Filmfare awards. He has also hosted the 20th and 21st Life OK Screen Awards, and the 6th, and 14th International Indian Film Academy Awards.
- SRK also hosted season 3 of the game reality show, Kaun Banega Crorepati; broadcasted on Sony Entertainment.
- Shah Rukh hosted the game show “Kya Aap Paanchvi Pass Se Tez Hain?” which was an Indian version of the popular American game show, “Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?”
- He has a fear of riding horses and hates eating ice-creams.
- SRK, along with Juhi Chawla and her husband Jay Mehta, bought the ownership rights to the franchise representing Kolkata in the Twenty20 cricket tournament IPL for $75.09 million and later, renamed it to Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR).
- He has also been the brand ambassador of various government campaigns like “Pulse Polio” and “National AIDS Control Organisation.” He was delegated by the UNOPS as the first global ambassador of the Water Supply and Sanitation Collaborative Council.
- In 2012, SRK made his first on-screen kiss in the film “Jab Tak Hai Jaan.”
- In 2013, Shah Rukh Khan founded the Meer Foundation (NGO), which works to rehabilitate burn and acid attack survivors and empower women in India.
- In the same year, his biography titled “King Khan: The Official Opus of Shah Rukh Khan” was published, which made him the first Indian actor and the second Indian citizen, after Sachin Tendulkar, to have his biography published by Kraken Opus.
- On 27 May 2013, his son, AbRam Khan, was born through surrogacy.
|You May Also Read||What May Happen After Listening to “Genda Phool”?|
- SRK’s double role in the film “Fan” received great laurels from the viewers. For this movie, he was transformed into a 25-year old individual, and this challenge was taken up by the International makeup artist, Greg Cannom, who has won three Academy Awards.
- In 2017, he came up with an Indian talk show- TED Talks India Nayi Soch produced by TED conferences.
- SRK was conferred the 24th annual Crystal Award by World Economic Forum for his tremendous work for women empowerment, acid attacks victims, and child rights.
- He has his wax statue showcased in London’s Madame Tussaud’s Museum.
- SRK has charmed the people worldwide with his signature pose, i.e., spreading his arms wide open unto the blue azure skies.
- In 2018, Aanand L. Rai came up with a movie titled “Zero,” featuring Shah Rukh Khan in the lead role. The film was also in news for Sridevi‘s last appearance in films.
- SRK has a great obsession with numerology and is very much superstitious about the number 555; as he believes it brings good luck for him. Moreover, most of his cars have registered number 555 and his personal e-mail ID also contains the same number.
- Despite believing in Islam, he equally values his wife’s religion and teaches his children too, to do the same. He once told that at his home, the Qur’an was situated next to the Hindu Gods.
|You May Also Read||Some Facts You Never Knew About The Titanic|
- Shah Rukh Khan revealed in an interview that he was not a nature lover.
- In 2019, he made headlines for his appearance in a series of videos for Dubai Tourism’s #BeMyGuest campaign. In the video, he was seen alongside superheroes Captain America, Iron Man, and Thor; as they joined hands to solve a riddle in Dubai.
- In October 2019, Shah Rukh Khan appeared on David Letterman’s talk show, which featured on Netflix.
- He is a night person and sleeps every day at around 5 in the morning.
- During the 2019 Diwali bash at Amitabh Bachchan‘s house, Shah Rukh Khan saved Aishwarya Rai‘s manager, Archana Sadanand, from fire. Archana was with her daughter in the courtyard when her lehenga caught fire. While everyone else got stunned by the incident, Shah Rukh rushed to her and put out the fire.
|You May Also Read|
|Don’t Do These Just after having Meal|
|How Much do You Know about Katy Perry?|
|Did You Know These Facts About Kate Winslet Before?|
|The Best Funny Jokes that will make you laugh out loud!|
|Who is the Richest Actor in the World?|